Some things to consider –
- You are in her life because she thinks you are great. Nothing more, nothing less.
- If she asks you for coffee you are going to have a coffee. She is going to check you out in a non-committal situation because, despite you thinking she wants to hang curtains with you, she realises she doesn’t know you and wants to see who you are as a person before committing to going to dinner.
- She had a life before you and she will have a life during you and she will have a life after you, if it ends. At forty, women have built a life and if she is dating you then you will form part of that wonderful life too.
- She is dating you because she wants a companion not a father, a boss or an older brother who will tell her what she is doing wrong.
- She is dating you because she is a vibrant women with a lot to offer. She isn’t dating you because she wants to be your mother.
- Women over forty have come to realise that age/money/looks are less important than finding someone who thinks she is as special as she thinks she is.
- If she has children then she is more than likely not going to want any more children but you would have to have that conversation with her. If she has no children she is more than likely not going to want children but you would have to have that conversation with her. And if she does have children it is almost 100% that the kids already have a father and she is simply dating you because she likes you.
- There is little or no room for playing games. A woman over forty will most likely respect you for you being you.
- Sometimes a relationship does not have to go to moving in. She may be quite happy for you to have your own place for the next 10 years.
- Chivalry is not dead, nor are manners or respect, or choosing not to hold the covers over her head if you fart in bed.
- Dating does not mean joined at the hip there is all the time in the world to catch up. It doesn’t have to be every single day. Like you, she has other things in her life.
- If you don’t like her the way she is you should date another woman.
- If you don’t turn up and don’t ring she is old enough to know that you haven’t been killed in an accident and she may well have already deleted your number.
Sometimes a woman over forty just wants a lover and nothing else.